About the course
DELEGATES RECEIVE A FREE LICENCE TO USE THE HIA BUILDING CONTRACT FOR THEIR ORGANISATION
This session provides an overview of two contracts, focusing on the HIA standard form contract and comparing it with the JCT Minor Works Contract 2016, to help you understand their content, impact and implementation.
This course assumes no prior legal knowledge. It is aimed at contract administrators and technical officers from Housing Improvement Agencies.
After this session you will be able to:
- Create legally binding contracts
- Understand the role of pre-contract documents
- Choose on an appropriate form of contract
- Administer the contractual mechanisms relating to time, cost and quality
- Understand your options when project does not go to plan
- Creating a contract
- Pre-contract processes including letters of intent
- Choosing a contract strategy
- Analysing a the newly revised HIA contract and JCT Minor Works (for comparison)
- Roles of client, contractor, contract administrator and outside agencies
- Dealing with changes in scope, time and quality
- Remedies when the home improvements project goes wrong.